Sign up for your monthly e-newsletters from myM&G
If you’d like to hear about new M&G funds and read investment insights straight from the fund management floor, simply ‘opt in’ to receive marketing emails in the ‘Your marketing preferences’ section at the bottom of the page. Our e-newsletters cover a wide range of investment topics including sustainability and impact ideas, educational articles and service updates to support you on your investment journey. We won't bombard you with emails and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Important Information about your privacy
M&G Securities Limited (“we”, “us” and “our”) is the ‘data controller’ for the personal information you share with us.
If you have any specific concerns around the privacy of your personal data or require further information about how we manage your personal data, please get in touch with us directly:
By Secure message: Log in to myM&G and go to ‘Messages’ at the top of the page
By Online chat: Log in to myM&G and click on ‘Chat with us’ at the side of the page
By Telephone: 0808 178 4035
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Post: myM&G, 1 Tanfield, Edinburgh EH3 5DA
How we collect data
As a myM&G customer, we collect personal data about you in connection with our products and services in the following ways:
- From your application for a myM&G product or service
- From your interactions with us whether over the phone, in person, in writing, or through our website or emails
- Through analysis of your transactions and activities with us and other members of the M&G plc Group*
- From third parties, such as credit reference agencies, census, market research, comparison websites, surveys, social networks, fraud prevention agencies, loyalty schemes operators, agents working on your behalf, government and law enforcement agencies
How the law protects you
Data Protections law says that we are allowed to use personal data only if we have a proper reason to do so. The law says we must have one of the following reasons:
- To fulfil a contract we have with you
- When it is our legal duty
- When it is in our legitimate interest
- When you consent to it
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your personal data including but not limited to internal administrative purposes, product development and enhancement, preventing fraud, ensuring network and information security.
How we use your personal data
The main ways in which we may use your personal data are to:
- Create your account, administer your investments, analyse your investment needs and tailor our services to you
- Communicate with you, and provide information on specific investment products and/or services when you request it
- Help us prevent, detect and investigate fraud and other financial crimes
- Meet our legal obligations
- Maintain the security of our services, as well as to detect and investigate activities that may be illegal or prohibited
Sharing your personal data
We may share your personal data with:
- Other members or businesses within the M&G plc Group
- Our service providers and third parties who provide services on our behalf, including but not limited to:
- Agents and administrators who we use to help run your accounts
- Our mailing agents
- Credit referencing agencies
- Fraud prevention and law enforcement agencies
- Regulators, governments, courts, dispute resolution bodies, and auditors
We will do this to:
- Prevent fraud and other financial crimes
- Respond to enquiries and complaints
- Undertake transactional analysis
- Evaluate the effectiveness of marketing and for market research and training
- Create customer groups, statistical and trend analysis
- Support the provisions of service
- Perform automated decision making and profiling
- Comply with legal obligations; court orders, laws or regulations
Your data may be transferred outside of the UK and EEA from time to time to members or businesses within the M&G plc Group or to trusted service providers and third parties. Where this is the case, we will ensure that suitable protection is maintained
at all times by ensuring that appropriate safeguards are in place.
In some countries the law may require us to share certain information, for example with tax authorities. In these cases, we will only share the personal data with people who have the right to see it.
Retaining your personal data
We will retain your personal data for as long as is necessary for the purposes described above. Typically, we will retain your personal data for a minimum of seven years to; fulfil our business purposes, to comply with legal and regulatory requirements, or for any legal claims.
We may keep your personal data for longer where this is necessary for statistical and historical research purposes. However, we will ensure all personal data is removed where technically feasible. We will maintain the security and protection
of any data we hold.
Profiling and automated decision making
To help us make fair, efficient and accurate decisions, we may use automated processes. We also use profiling to enable us to personalise our service offerings and related communications. Automated processes or profiling may be used to:
- Open accounts – checks to ensure you meet the conditions needed; this may include checking residency, nationality and/or financial details
- Tailor our services – we may place you in groups with similar customers. These are called customer segments. We use these to study and learn about our customers and make decisions on what we learn
- Help us detect fraud and prevent fraud and other financial crimes – help to detect possible fraudulent or money-laundering activity or register an account is being used in an unusual way
See also “Object to processing (Right to object)” regarding your rights for this type of use of your personal data.
*A list of entities is available upon request or by visiting www.mandg.com/plc-entities